Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer in a nutshell

This summer flew by so quickly!! We filled it with family, friends, trips, and new adventures. And yes, I should have done more than just one post of the summer. Maybe I'll do two next year ;).

Some random pictures


We finally did a back splash! It was so easy and we love it!

 

My newest decorating project

At the Bees game

Lagoon

We went with Bryce and Bre to Lagoon the beginning of August. Neither of us had been to Lagoon since Jr. High and let's just say that's been YEARS ha ha. We had so much fun! Thanks guys for the invite!



San Diego Wedding

Dustin's old mission buddy/roommate/friend got married in San Diego two weekends ago and asked Dustin to be one of the groomsmen. We left Thursday morning (after a night shift) and drove straight to California. I don't recommend working a night shift and then being stuck in a car for 11 hours! 

The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo. Talk about a huge place! We had a blast and maybe want to adopt a koala or a panda.


View from the Skyfari. One of our favorite parts of the zoo.


After the zoo, we met up with Billy and Lizzy's wedding party for dinner and to play kickball! It was the bride's side vs. the groom's. Although they decided to end the game in a "tie" the groom's side dominated ha ha. I didn't take too many pictures because it was so dark but we had a lot of fun!



The next day we had a couple hours before the wedding. We picked up Dustin's friend, Mike, from the airport and headed to downtown. We decided to walk around the port by the Midway. We also ate an AMAZING lunch right on the water! Yep, I had fish and I loved it!



We quickly ran to the temple and made it just in time for the sealing. It was a beautiful sealing and everyone in the room could tell how much Billy and Lizzy loved each other!



That night we went to a gorgeous wedding dinner! I've never seen anything like it! It made me want to get married again just to have a dinner like that (just kidding Dustin!!). Everything from the food to the decor to the toasts was absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for letting us celebrate with you Billy and Lizzy! We are so excited for you!



We had an amazing summer and are sad that it's over. But we are very excited for fall (ok maybe it's just me because boot season and Halloween are coming!). We made a lot of great friends and grew closer to old ones. Can't wait to see what next summer has in store!

Oh and I dropped my little brother Eric off at BYU last week. I'm feeling so old! He also gets his mission call this week!!! So exciting! I'll post about his mission call in a few days.

I've been gone for just a few years and already the campus has changed a lot!


4 comments:

  1. Glad the Wests have had such a terrific summer!

    Lizzy and I were so happy to have you guys be a part of our wedding. It was a blast, and we wont forget it. Appreciate all of the love, pictures, and now this fun blog tribute! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for updates! Sounds like you guys had a great summer :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite offended that we didn't make your summer recap. Did the 4 hour drive to Bear Lake not mean anything? :) guess we'll have to try harder this Fall...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a picture or a post could quite capture the joy of that car ride ;). Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make it in the Fall recap!

      Delete